This Privacy Notice ("Notice") establishes how A TROPICAL - AGÊNCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA Protects the privacy of the Personal Data of our employees, customers, partners or any other entity with which A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA is related to the context of its activity.
Being a travel agency, A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND LOGISTICS, LDA needs to collect, use and disclose Personal Data to perform the functions and business activities, including the realization and management of travel reservations on behalf of its clients. At A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA, we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Data and to maintaining a controlled environment (physical, electronic, human and procedural controls) in line with operational risks.
In the context of the General Regulation on Data Protection 2016/679 ("RGPD"), A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA is a "data controller" of any personal information that is provided to us in the context of the relationship with the our clients or any other interested parties.
By providing Personal Data, Stakeholders agree that this Notice will apply to how we handle your Personal Data and consent to it being collected, used and disclosed as detailed in this Notice. If you do not agree to any part of this Notice, Stakeholders shall not provide us with your Personal Information. Failure to provide us with your Personal Data, as well as to withdraw the Consent you provided under this Notice, may affect our ability to provide the Services or adversely affect the quality of services we may provide. For example, most travel bookings must be made with the traveler's full name and must include contact details and appropriate identification (eg passport details) and we can not make reservations without this information. Note that there may be cases where local data protection laws impose more restrictive Personal Data processing practices than the practices set forth in this Notice. When this occurs, we will adjust our Personal Data processing practices to comply with those same local laws.
What personal data do we collect?
Personal Data have the meaning given by the local data protection laws and, where the RGPD applies, the meaning is considered to be given under the RGPD. Personal Data generally means data related to an individual that can be identified from such data; or identifiable from the combination of such data with other available data.
Generally, the type of Personal Information we collect is necessary to facilitate travel arrangements, support reservations or to organize travel-related services and / or products on behalf of our customers.
In this regard, we typically process the following types of Personal Data about our customers:
- Contact information (such as name, home / mailing address, phone number, e-mail address);
- Payment data;
- Detailed passport data;
- Loyalty program / frequent flyer data;
- Data on dietary needs and health problems (if any); and
- Other relevant data for travel plans or required by the travel service provider (s) (eg airlines and accommodation or tourism providers).
- When our customers contact us for other purposes, Personal Data may also be collected in connection with these purposes. For example, we may collect Personal Data so that we may contact our customers in the context of a contest / campaign in which they have signed up or to respond to questions or comments they have sent us. We also collect data necessary for use in our business activities or our related entities, including, for example, financial details required to process transactions, video surveillance images used for security purposes, or other relevant Personal Data that our customers may want to provide.
In some circumstances we collect Personal Data that may be considered sensitive data according to local data protection laws. Sensitive data may include, but are not limited to, racial or ethnic origin, philosophical or religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual preferences or practices, criminal history or alleged criminal offense, affiliation to political, professional or commercial associations, biometric and genetic information, data financial and health data. We will only collect sensitive data in accordance with local data protection laws, with the explicit consent of the visa and where the data is reasonably necessary or directly related to one or more of our functions or operational activities (for example, to make travel plans), unless required or permitted to do so by law. To the extent permitted or required by local data protection laws, our customers consent that we use and disclose your sensitive data solely for the purpose for which it was collected, unless we subsequently receive your consent for another purpose. For example, if our clients provide us with travel health insurance information they wish to make, customers consent that we use and disclose such health information on their behalf in the contacts made with the travel insurance provider. Another example is when our clients want to know their religious beliefs because they are interested, for example, in certain vacation packages, allowing the use and disclosure of this information to make the trip operational. We will not use sensitive data for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless we have received the consent of its holders to do so.
How do we collect personal data?
We only collect Personal Data in accordance with local data protection laws. We generally collect Personal Data in the context of contacts with our customers, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. Generally, this collection will occur when our customers:
- contact us in person, by phone, letter, e-mail;
- visit us through our website; or
- contact us through social networks.
We may also collect Personal Data when our customers:
- purchase or ask questions about travel plans or other products and services;
- enter contests or register in campaigns / promotions;
- sign up to receive marketing communications (for example, e-newsletters);
- request brochures or other information.
- In some circumstances, it may be necessary to collect Personal Data from our customers from third parties. This includes cases where an individual makes a travel reservation on behalf of another person (s) (for example, a family reservation, a group or a booking made by an employer). When this happens, we authorize the person making the travel reservation to act on behalf of any other traveler in the reservation, as well as with the consent of that person to collect, use and disclose Personal Data in accordance with this Notice. Our clients should inform us immediately if they are aware that their Personal Data has been provided to us by another person without their consent or if they have not obtained such consent before providing us with the Personal Data of another individual.
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of the Personal Data we store and to ensure that all Personal Data is current. However, any interested party may contact us immediately if there is any change to their Personal Data or if they are aware that we have inaccurate Personal Data (please see section 13 below). We can not be responsible for any losses arising from inaccurate, erroneous, defective or incomplete personal information that the Interested Parties, or anyone acting on your behalf, provide to us.
How do we use personal data?
We will only process Personal Data when:
- We have been given consent to such processing (which may be withdrawn at any time, as detailed in section 8 of this Notice);
- This processing is necessary to provide our services;
- Such processing is necessary for the fulfillment of legal obligations; and / or
- Such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or for any third party who receives such Personal Data (as detailed in sections 5 and 6 of this Notice).
- When a customer contacts us in the context of a travel inquiry or booking, the purpose for which we collect your Personal Data is generally to provide travel advice and / or help in booking products and / or services related to travel. travels. However, the purpose of the collection may be different depending on the specific circumstances disclosed in this Notice (eg collection of Personal Data for participation in a campaign, collection of feedback, etc.).
When a customer makes a travel or product / service reservation with our support, we usually act as an agent for travel service providers (for example, for a hotel). In this case, we process Personal Data as necessary to provide the requested services, including collection of Personal Data for our internal purposes as described in this Notice, and for the travel service provider for whom we act as agent (for example, for provide the contracted services).
For example, if you book a flight through A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND LOGISTICS, LDA, we will use the Personal Data to allow the flight to be reserved and we will disclose the Personal Data to the airline to allow it to provide the flight service.
We may share data with our travel service providers (hotels, airlines, car rental companies or other providers related to travel reservations). These travel service providers may also use the Personal Data as described in their respective privacy policies for additional information that facilitates booking the trip or providing the requested services. We recommend that our Customers review the privacy policies of any travel service providers that are purchased through A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA. We will provide copies of all relevant terms, conditions and privacy policies of travel service providers upon request.
We act as agents for many travel service providers worldwide, so it is not possible to refer in this Notice to all of the travel service providers for whom we operate (in particular their locations). For more information about the disclosure of Personal Data to travel service providers located outside the RGPD context, please refer to section 6 of this Notice.
If there is any concern regarding the transfer of Personal Data to a travel service provider, or if further information is required, see section 13 of this Notice.
The purposes for which we collect Personal Data also include:
- provide services or tools that our Customers choose to use (for example, saving Personal Data on our website to allow early filling in of online forms);
- identification of fraud or errors;
- legal or regulatory compliance;
- develop and improve our products and services;
- maintaining or improving the relationship with our Customers, namely by creating and maintaining a customer profile that allows the provision of a service in line with their preferences;
- market research, evaluation of customer satisfaction and feedback on the services we provide;
- facilitate the participation of our Clients in loyalty programs;
- perform analyzes related to our services, including, but not limited to, preference trends for sales and travel destinations;
- support internal organization and accounting;
- to support compliance with legal obligations or applicable customs / immigration requirements related to travel;
- other purposes, as authorized or required by law (for example, to avoid a threat to life, health or safety protection, or to enforce the legal rights of the company.
Where permitted by local data protection laws, we may use Personal Data to perform marketing activities related to our products and services (and third parties) that we believe may be of interest to our Customers, unless they have requested us not to receive such data. information. These campaigns may include, but are not limited to, emailing, digital marketing, and other electronic notifications. Personal Data will be used for the sending of digital marketing material (including e-newsletters, e-mail, SMS, MMS and IM) if Customers have chosen to receive them. Customers can sign up to receive e-newsletters and other promotional / digital marketing materials by following the relevant links on our website or requesting that one of our employees do so.
Any individual who does not wish to receive promotional or marketing material from us, or participate in market consultations or receive other types of communication, should refer to sections 8 and 13 of this Notice.
What personal information is disclosed to third parties?
In TROPICAL - TRAVICA AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA we do not sell, rent or exchange Personal Data. Personal Data will only be disclosed to third parties in accordance with the provisions of this Notice and in accordance with local data protection laws (note: in this Notice, the reference to "disclosing" includes transferring, sharing verbally or in writing, sending or making Personal Data available to another entity).
Personal Data may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
- entities, suppliers and service providers, including:
- the circumstances of each of the circumstances described in section 4 of this Notice ("How do we use Personal Data?");
- providers of ICT solutions that support us in delivering products and services (such as any external data-hosting providers we can use);
- publishers, printers and distributors of marketing materials;
- organizers of events and exhibitions;
- marketing or market consultation agencies;
- courier services or courier services;
- external consultants (such as lawyers, accountants, auditors or recruitment consultants);
- travel service providers such as travel wholesalers, tour operators, airlines, hotels, car rental companies, transfer managers and other related service providers;
- any third party to whom we assign or transfer any of our rights or obligations;
- persons making travel reservations on behalf of others (eg a family member, friend or co-worker);
- in the context of corporate, corporate or government business travel;
- contact persons (for example, a family member) when our Clients are not contactable and the contact is, in our opinion, in Customer's interest (for example, where the person is concerned about their welfare or needs to act on behalf of the Client due to unforeseen circumstances);
- as required or authorized by applicable law, and to comply with the legal obligations of A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA;
- customs or immigration services to comply with applicable legal obligations in the context of travel;
- government agencies or public authorities to comply with valid and authorized requests, including court orders or any other valid legal process;
- regulatory authorities or law enforcement authorities, including for fraud protection and related security purposes;
- agencies where there is suspicion of illegal activity and where the Personal Data is a necessary part for investigation or denunciation of the subject.
In addition to the above, we will not disclose Personal Data without consent, unless we believe that disclosure is necessary to reduce or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual, public health or safety, or for a particular (eg prevention, detection, investigation or punishment of criminal offenses), or where such disclosure is authorized or required by law (including applicable data protection / privacy laws).
On the websites or social networks of A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA users may choose to use certain third party resources with which we associate. These features, which may include social networking tools and geo-location, are operated by third parties and are clearly identified as such. These third parties may use or share Personal Data in accordance with their own privacy policies, so we recommend that you review their privacy policies in the event that you consider these relevant tools.
What personal data is transferred abroad?
We may disclose Personal Data to certain recipients abroad as described below. We warrant that such international transfers are necessary for the execution of a contract between our Customers and third parties abroad or that are subject to appropriate or adequate safeguards as required by local data protection laws (eg RGPD). We will provide copies of the relevant safeguards documents upon request (see section 13 of this Notice).
Personal Data may be transferred to an outside entity located in a jurisdiction where it is not possible to guarantee a level of data protection equal to that in the RGPD. In such cases, A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA can not be responsible for the way these recipients handle, store and process Personal Data.
(a) Related entities abroad
A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA operates a global business including operations in Africa, Europe, North America, South America and Oceania. Personal Data may be disclosed with our related entities abroad for support in the travel reservation and / or to enable administrative, consultative or technical services, including the storage and processing of such data.
b) Travel service providers located abroad
In order to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to disclose Personal Data to relevant suppliers of travel services abroad. We deal with many different travel service providers around the world, so the location of a relevant travel service provider will depend on the travel services provided. Relevant travel service providers will in most cases receive the Personal Data in the country in which they will provide the services or on which their business is based.
(c) Our service providers located abroad
We may also need to disclose Personal Information to
service providers located abroad for the purpose of supporting the provision of services, including the storage and processing of such data. Generally, we will only disclose Personal Information to such recipients abroad in the context of a travel reservation and / or to allow the provision of administrative and technical services provided on our behalf.
If there is any specific doubt as to where or for whom Personal Data may be submitted, please refer to section 13 of this Notice.
At A TROPICAL TRAVEL AGENCY, we are committed to protecting Personal Data by implementing and maintaining appropriate technical, organizational and human control measures to ensure a level of safety aligned with the risks related to:
- accidental or unlawful destruction;
- loss; unauthorized alteration or disclosure;
- or improper access to Personal Data transmitted, stored or processed.
A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AND TOURISM AGENCY, LDA regularly monitors and reviews security controls and strives to protect Personal Data in the same way that it protects your sensitive Business Information.
A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA destroys or deprives Personal Data whenever it ceases to be relevant to the business or as required by law.
Rights to Personal Data we collect
If any interested party, that A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA has Personal Data, and that it intends:
- update, modify, delete or obtain a copy of Personal Data;
- restrict or prevent the use of any personal information, including the withdrawal of any prior consent given to the processing of such information;
- obtain a copy of the personal information that has been processed on the basis of your consent or as necessary to perform a contract of which you are a party, you must formally submit the request to A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS Y TURISMO, LDA through the contacts identified in section 13 of this Notice. After the request will be made an acknowledgment of the same and will be given information on the term within which the information will be made available.
A TROPICAL, TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA will make every effort to respond to such requests within a month or less, although it may be necessary to extend this period for complex requests.
In addition, A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA reserves the right to deny access to the Information for any reason permitted by applicable laws. If the request for access or correction of the Information is denied, the reasons for such refusal will always be communicated in writing, unless it is unreasonable to do so or when required by local data protection laws.
All communications related to requests for access to Personal Data must be formally made in writing through the contacts identified in section 13 of this Notice.
If we are requested to restrict or stop using Personal Data, by withdrawing the consent previously provided for the processing of Personal Data, the ability to provide services or the quality of the services may be impacted negatively. For example, most travel bookings must be made under the traveler's full name and must include contact details and appropriate identification (eg passport details), and reservations can not be made without this information.
Personal Data shared with A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA should be accurate and individuals agree to update them whenever necessary. In addition, they agree that in the absence of any update, A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS Y TURISMO, LDA may assume that the data submitted is correct.
Any person may at any time request A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND LOGISTICS, to stop sending marketing communications, and may use the cancellation links provided in the marketing emails or through the contacts indicated in section 13 of this article. Notice.
In any of the situations listed above, it may be requested to provide a valid means of identification of the applicant to ensure that A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA complies with its security obligations and prevents unauthorized disclosure of Personal Data .
A TROPICAL reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee following any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests regarding access to the Personal Data or for any additional copies of the Personal Data requested.
Integration with social networks
A TROPICAL's web sites and mobile applications can use resources and social networking tools (like "Like" and "Share" buttons). These resources are provided and operated by external companies (for example, Facebook) and also hosted by external companies or directly on our website or mobile application. Social Tools can collect data related to the page visited on the website / mobile application, IP address and can set cookies to improve the functioning of Social Tools.
If the user has activated social networking accounts, they may be able to share data about visiting and using our website or mobile application with those same social network accounts. In this way, interactions with Social Tools can be registered by third parties. In addition, outside companies may share with Personal Information in accordance with their policies, such as their name, profile picture, friend lists or any other information that individuals have chosen to make available with those same companies. In these cases, we may share this data with a third-party company for the purpose of marketing driven through these same social networking platforms. In this situation, users have the option to manage data sharing and be able to disable targeted marketing in the privacy settings of their social networks.
When a user accesses the website, uses any mobile application, or opens a digital correspondence of A TROPICAL, the servers can register data referring to the device or the network to which the user is connected, including the IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers that identify a computer and are assigned when you access the Internet.
IP addresses may be used by A TROPICAL for the administration of systems, investigation of security problems and compilation of anonymous data on the use of the website and / or mobile applications. IP addresses may also be associated with other Personal Data available on individuals for the purposes described above (for example, to better tailor marketing and advertising materials, provided the user has chosen to receive digital marketing).
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
AA TROPICAL may use third party web analytics services from its websites and mobile applications, such as those listed in the "Cookies Policy". Providers of such services may use such technologies as cookies and web beacons "To help analyze visitors using websites and apps.
The A TROPICAL websites may contain links to third party websites over which A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA has no control. A TROPICAL - TRAVEL AGENCY AND TOURISM, LDA responsible for the privacy practices or the content of associated websites. A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA recommends reading the privacy policies of any associated websites that are visited, as their privacy practices and policies may differ from those of A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA.
Feedback / Complaints / Contract
Any questions, comments or complaints about this Notice or about the treatment of Personal Data; or if you wish to inform A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS Y TURISMO, LDA about a change or correction of Personal Data; or if you wish to receive information about the Personal Data that is processed by A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA; or for any claim or comment related to data protection; should be addressed to A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS Y TURISMO, LDA through the contacts below:
Contact name at A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS Y TURISMO, LDA: JOÃO PINTO
The email: email@example.com
Address: Rua Tenente Leonardo Meireles, nº 145 - 4590-516 Paços de Ferreira
A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA will respond to any queries or complaints received as soon as possible.
Changes to notice
This Notice may be changed and updated. If a change to the Notice is made, the revised version will be duly filed and published and dated on the website of A TROPICAL - AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO, LDA, when it exists. If it is justified, in addition to the notice, we may ask clients for consent to include other types of treatment.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on January 31st, 2023.